Diono Refreshes Radian Car Seats for 2012
Company enhances flagship product to coincide with recent name change.
SUMNER, WA, USA – December 14, 2011 – The Radian® line of children’s car seats set a new standard for safety, comfort and convenience when they were introduced by Sunshine Kids Juvenile Products in 2005.
On September 1st, 2011, the company changed its name to Diono to reflect its steady international expansion. Its car seats and family travel accessories are now available in 54 countries worldwide.
The Radian product line features the RadianRXT, the RadianR120 and the RadianR100. New enhancements across the product line include:
- Booster convertability: All three models can now also be used as booster seats, which means they can accommodate children from 5 pounds up to 120 pounds (100 pounds in the RadianR100). For many children, this means the Radian can possibly be the only car seat they will ever need.
- Adjustable width: The sides of all Radian models now fold outward to expand the width of the seat for the enhanced comfort of growing children.
- Cupholder capacity: All Radian models now have cupholders and each seat can accommodate up to four cupholders, a convenient way for children to have access to drinks, snacks, crayons and small toys. The RadianRXT and RadianR120 models ship with one cupholder included. Additional cupholders are sold separately.
Radians come in an attractive range of colors, including new Cobalt and Plum styles of the RadianRXT, which have immediately proven to be very popular with consumers.
RadianRXT in Cobalt RadianRXT in Plum
"This is the perfect time to refresh the Radian line," said Diono’s President, Brad Keller. "Judging from recent sales and feedback, we’re gratified to see that our retailers and customers are as excited as we are about the enhancements to safety, comfort and convenience and the new styles in the Radian line."
Advanced safety engineering continues to be the foundation of Radian’s award-winning reputation among parents and consumer organizations, including:
- A full-length steel frame, reinforced side-impact protection, and SafeStop® energy absorbing harness, features that have earned Radian the highest crash test ratings in both U.S. NHTSA tests and in the severe-accident NCAP tests.
- The highest rear-facing capacity in the industry: 45 lbs in the RadianRXT and RadianR120, and 40 lbs in the RadianR100.
- Diono’s unique SuperLATCH™ system, which makes Radian installation fast and easy, and gives it the highest LATCH, front-facing capacity available: 80 lbs in the RadianRXT and RadianR120, and 65 lbs in the RadianR100.
For more information about the new Radian car seats, including safety videos and crash test results, please visit Diono’s website.
Diono designs, manufactures and markets travel solutions for the children of today’s families on the go. With innovative product designs and unparalleled safety testing, Diono conveniently secures and protects children through every stage of their journey. With more than a decade of experience, Diono is recognized by consumer and trade organizations for its unique functionality and thoughtful design in 54 countries worldwide, while maintaining offices in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany.
For more information on the renowned Radian and Monterey car seats and our travel accessory line visit www.diono.com.
For more information contact:
Oliver Vicente, Sr Director, Global Strategic Marketing
253-859-5700 ext. 122